Prom Sign for Prom Night
Prom night! You’ve thought about it, you’ve planned for it, or your looking to plan for it. If you’re the parent of a junior or senior in high school (or a high-schooler yourself) then you know how stressful prom season can be. Between hosting the pre-dance photo party, picking the perfect dress or tuxedo, and the prom proposal itself, there’s definitely a ton to think about. While there’s no recipe for the perfect party experience, there are steps you could take to ensure that your son or daughter’s prom experience is one they’ll remember forever ! We know how it goes… you raise your hand and all of a sudden you’ve found yourself planning to host 10-20 excited high schoolers for a few hours before their big night. Thankfully, Days2remember has got you covered with everything from unique promposal concepts to party decor for your photo-op get-togethers for the big night! With a few tips and a couple of hours of advanced planning you can ensure that your prom night will be one to remember. Here are some things to consider when hosting the pre-prom photo shoot:
Prom night Set-Up & Decorations
Days 2 Remember can help you decorate for your prom kick off. It’s traditional that kids gather at a friends house before the big night. Here are some things to think about if you are the hosting family:
- Would you like decor to be the school’s colors or do you have other colors in mind?
- Will these colors go okay with the formal wear of the attendees?
- Are you planning outside or inside for the photo op area? Either way, try to monitor that area for how the sunshines during the hours in which photos will be taken. You want to make sure you will not have a bunch of photos with squinted eyes.
- Is the area that you’re considering for pictures able to hold the number of kids you are expecting?
- Are the parents surrounding them able to take photos without interfering with the photo itself?
- Are you thinking of balloon decor, back drops, red carpet? Etc.
- What does the epic prom kickoff look like to you?
- If hosting pictures outside, you need to be okay with an area inside if weather is not ideal. Attendees will not want to get their hair or formal wear wet.
- If you are hosting pictures outside , make sure you schedule the lawn service for 24 -48 hours before prom night. You do not want to risk bad weather or lawn service getting held up and not making it to you on time. Make sure they bag the clippings if they usually don’t because wet grass or dry grass sticking to everyone will not make for the epic prom night
- Consider having a small basket somewhere with the “forgettables” hair pins, body tape, hair spray , etc… Someone will need something and you will be the ultimate host if you pull through!
Some suggestions for ideal prom photo ops
- Pool / garden areas
- Front yard
Backdrop & Props No matter what your theme or color scheme may be, a photo backdrop is an essential part of any pre-prom party. Days 2 Remember has a range of photo backdrops such as Grass walls, shimmer walls, and even custom keepsake vinyl backdrops. Our beautiful balloon displays are the WOW ! Help your teens pictures stand-out with the perfect backdrop and balloons display! Remember that these photos are going to be cherished for a lifetime… Whether your party is indoor or outdoor – the right theme and setup can make all the difference when it comes to getting the perfect shot. Walk the red carpet in style!
In addition to professional balloon displays, we offer props and other decor that make your photos stand out even more!
Our red velvet ropes are a great way to add a little pazzaz to your prom decor! Need some tips on prom couple poses for your photos? Food & Drinks No party is complete without refreshments! Whether you’re serving up some light snacks or setting up a candy buffet, make sure to have plenty of food and drinks on hand to keep your guests happy. Live entertainment, specialty snacks, finger foods, themed pastries, and more. At Days2remember we have a rolodex of the best local talent in South Jersey area, and we would be more than happy to help you find the perfect Prom entertainment for your party!
There are a plethora of ways to ask someone to go to prom with you and finding a memorable and unforgettable way to do so can get quite stressful. While anyone can simply write a name on a posterboard with the words ‘PROM?’ on the top – but how many promposals have you seen that look like this?!
Each sign is completely customized to your liking and is guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face who sees it. If you’re interested in checking out some of our sign work, get a free and quick quote here.
Don’t forget the most important part – to have fun and enjoy yourselves! After all, this is a once in a lifetime experience. Make sure to document everything with plenty of photos and videos so you can relive the night over and over again. Next, your on your way to graduation and we have some great ideas to make your grad feel special !
If you’re looking for unique promposal ideas, or need help planning your pre-dance party, contact Days2remember today! We would be more than happy to help make your Prom dreams a reality.